Sunday, December 7, 2008

Being a better example

School is full of so much peer pressure these days. When one of my friends has an opinion about a teacher or homework or something not a lot of my friends voice their own opinions anymore. Instead they just nod and agree with the person and go with the flow. And I'm not going to lie I do it too. It just takes less effort than voicing your opinion. Like this, but in other more important times when someone is getting picked on and everyone is laughing, it would be so much easier to sit and laugh with them. And I regretfully admit I've done that too. But to stand up for what is right and question these things shows true personality. It's definitely not easy for me to do it but I'm working on it more in my life. Because when I see other people doing it, I have a lot of respect for that person and that is what I want.

No comments: